Create and Manage K-Phrases for Use
2. Add a K-Phrase
The K-Phrase Index section is where you will see all of the k-phrases that you can use for encounter notes.
2.1. Add Content
The Phrase and Contents fields are required.
- The Phrase name must start with a period (.)
- Phrase names can include spaces and special characters.
- Checking the Is global? box will allow the k-phrase to be available to all providers and coordinators in the system.
- If that box isn't checked, the k-phrase will be private and you will be the only provider to use it.
- To create an effective k-phrase, be sure to use free text placeholders for information that is bound to be different when the phrase is used for different encounters and/or patients.
- Free text placeholders are declared by entering three asterisks (***), as shown in the screen shot below.
- You can also add replacement placeholders that will automatically populate with data.
- Replacement placeholders are declared by using two at symbols (@@).
- The verbiage in between the two at symbols require a specific format. See the screen shot below to see examples of replacement placeholders in use.
3. Manage K-Phrases
To edit the k-phrase, click on the EDIT button and repeat step 2. To remove a phrase, click on the DELETE button. Phrases with (global) next to the name means that the phrase is available to all providers in the system.
IMPORTANT! Deleting a global k-phrase will remove it from all providers' K-Phrase Indexes.