Create and Start an Encounter with a Patient Using My Link2MD Provider Portal
Alternatively, you can join an encounter already in progress or one that has been started by a coordinator, from the side navigation bar
From here, you can edit previous encounters that you have had with the patient selected and open a related encounter to an existing one by clicking on either the RELATED ENCOUNTER or EDIT button.
- Enter the chief complaint
- Select the type of encounter
- Select a previous claim, (Setting a Previous Claim links the encounter that you are creating to a claim)
- Select the encounter type for this patient case
- Start encounter
This modal will pop up when you aren't licensed in the patient's state
- By clicking YES, the encounter will still be created
- By clicking NO, the encounter will not be created and you will be able to select a different patient
We require you to be aware of any changes to the patients health history, to ensure safe and accurate medical diagnoses.
To view the changes made, click on the MANAGE HEALTH button to view their health forms.
Otherwise, click on the ACKNOWLEDGE button to go to the encounter.
To accept the encounter for the provider, click on the ACCEPT button.
To end the encounter, click on the END ENCOUNTER button.
If you have made a mistake and want to cancel the encounter, or you want to cancel an appointment, click on the CANCEL button.
The DISMISS PATIENT button will allow you to end the video call when it has started.
Please see these articles for more information about encounters:
- Start and End the Video Call for an Encounter
- End the Video Call From the Encounter Room
- Join an Encounter Video Call from an Email or SMS Message
- Launch the EMR During an Encounter
- Edit the Chief Complaint for an Encounter
- New! Set and Manage Claims for an Encounter
- Update Patient Information During an Encounter
- Upload a File During an Encounter
- Create and Manage Encounter Notes During an Encounter
- Enter Workers Compensation Data for an Encounter
- View a Patient's Health Details During an Encounter
- View Changes Made to a Encounter
- New! Add and Manage ICD 10 Codes for an Encounter
- Add and Manage CPT Codes for an Encounter