Prescribe Medication to a Patient Using DoseSpot as a Provider
- Click on My Practice
- Search Users
- Fill in the search fields. You may use the first 3 letters of their first name
- You may use first 3 letters of last name
- Click on Search
Confirm the date of birth and that there are no duplicates to choose a proper patient
If you have not created a DoseSpot record, you are required to input the remaining red asterisk fields
If a record is already created, you may update the patient record
- Details: If there are demographics that you do not have, contact a coordinator to create the DoseSpot record
- Allergies: Input any allergies of the patient
- Pharmacies: Confirm the Pharmacy location for this patient
- Self-Reported Medications: Input any medications the patient is currently using
If this is not a controlled substance medication you may request a coordinator to create the prescription for you and you may jump to Step 10 to approve and send the medication.
- DoseSpot will open in a new tab on your browser
- Select 'Add Prescription' at the top right
- Type the medication name in the search box
- Click on the desired medication
- If you need to change the medication name click on 'Change'
- Click on the dosage text to change the appropriate amount
- Enter in the Effective Date
- Fill in the fields, Example: Patient Directions, etc.
- Click on the Save Prescription button
The fields with red asterisks are required. Click on the + sign to Show Pharmacy Notes button to enter notes for the pharmacy.
- Check the box next to the medication (You can click on 'Select All' if the patient has multiple medications)
- If you need to edit or remove this medication, click on 'Actions'
- Click on the Approve and Send button
- Enter your four digit PIN if asked
Note: This photo may be dated at the making of this how to, but should be similar in text.